I’m back with another fun Christmas card using stamps from My Favorite Things. A bit unconventionally colored, but I wanted to deviate from the standard colors. The color palette was inspired by Rina (Instagram link) who colored her beautiful card in all skin tones.
The stamps and dies used for this product are:
- MFT Woof Pack stamp set
- MFT Present Time stamp set
- MFT Peace, Love, & Paws stamp set
- MFT Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics
- MFT Beast Friends stamp set (the Santa hat) Retired
To begin, I stamped from the four stamp sets onto masking paper and cut out the masks. On a panel of white cardstock, I stamped the scene using MFT Milk Chocolate ink and the masks needed. I removed the masks and colored with alcohol markers:
- Ohuhu: YR10, YR20, YR148, R28 (dogs)
- Ohuhu: R27, R26, R20, R19 (hats and collars)
- Ohuhu: R30, R18, Y20, YR148, R20, R30 (snowman and present)
- Copic: W4, W3, W1, W0, 0 (shadows)
- Copic: C4, C3, C1, C0, 0 (dog shading)
After coloring with the markers, I die cut a snow hill from a long sheet of masking paper using a border from the MFT Stitched Snow Drifts die set and applied it to the cardstock to make the first hill. I applied the masks over the exposed colored images and then ink blended the sky with Distress Oxide Ink in Victorian Velvet and Tattered Rose. I then removed the hill mask, shifted it, and moved it down to make a second hill. I inked a little bit around the top.
To finish up I cut the panel down a bit and then adhered it to a Kraft card base using Papertrey Ink Kraft cardstock. Then, I accented the card using a white gel pen to create ornaments on the trees, snow in the sky, and highlights on the critters.
That’s all for today. Thanks for stopping by!