To start, I stamped onto masking paper, cut out the masks, and set aside. On a panel of white cardstock, I stamped the images using MFT Milk Chocolate ink and then colored them with Copic markers:
- Bears: E23, E21, E30, E47, E44, E43, R21
- Medical: BG09, BG05, BG13, BG11
- Balloon: Y26, Y23, Y15, Y04, Y02
After coloring, I applied the masks to the bears and balloons. Using another sheet of masking paper, I drew a line to represent the ground and cut the masking paper in half. I applied the top half to the sky and then inked the grass area using Concord & 9th inks in Buttercup, Sprout, Parsley, and Evergreen, and Distress ink in Black Soot. Next, I used the Clearly Besotted Freshly Cut stencil to ink some grass at the bottom of the panel and removed the mask blocking off the sky area.
For the sky, I used the opposite side of the cut mask to cover the freshly inked ground, and then inked the sky using The Stamp Market ink in Sea Glass and the Clearly Besotted Cloudy Days stencil.
After coloring, I removed all of the masks (so satisfying), and cut the panel down before adhering it to a white card base. I’m not a fan of foam tape behind panels like this. I like dimension on die cuts, but not really a rectangle on a rectangle. I typically adhere them flat using glue or dot runner.
After adhering to the card base I used a white gel pen to add highlights and a black glaze pen for the eyes and nose.
Hopefully, my friend likes the card. They broke their leg, so a get well soon card was needed and fingers crossed it lifts their spirits. I finished this card relatively quick, so I went ahead and stamped a little bear on a mailing envelope. It’s cute, but I will say this paper…eeeeesh…those Copics bled and blended pretty bad. It’s very porous paper, so it sucked the ink in and locked it down quickly. (Remember to insert a piece of scrap cardstock inside of the envelope if you’re going to use Copics on envelopes. Use smoother envelopes if you have them.
That’s all, folks. Thanks for stopping by today.